I was listening to C-SPAN Washington Journal (my favorite TV show) this AM when the French Ambassador to US was being asked questions from people supporting the two political parties and the independent group. When the individuals supporting the PIP (Party In Power) spoke to the ambassador I began to hear the moral clarity that was hailed so much after the election. This good old Time American Christian Values that Jesus Christ spoke so well 2000 years ago came across so well. Resentment, retaliation. If you would act right all my problem would end.
How many members of the Bush Administration does it take to replace a
1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed;
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to
3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb;
4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either: “For
changing the light bulb or for darkness”;
5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Haliburton for the new
6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on
a stepladder under the banner “Light Bulb Change Accomplished”;
7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in
detail how Bush was literally “in the dark”;
8. One to viciously smear #7;
9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush has
had a strong light bulb-changing policy all along;
10. And finally, one to confuse Americans about the difference between
screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
Submitted via e-mail by member
Christianity could be advanced more in the next ten years than it has in 2000 years, if all proponents would use the personal pronouns in the first person I and avoid the use of personal pronouns in the second person you when they express their faith to others.
My own faith in Jesus Christ is expressed as His sign of prefect humility. His statement “Pick up your cross and follow me” tells me I do not always know the direction I am going but if I follow Him I will be in the sunlight of the spirit.
A religion based upon another’s morals is not as Jesus Christ spoke. He forgave all and went about his teachings.